Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
What is Universal Design for Learning?
Information Sharing Resources
Interactive WhiteBoard Resources
Social Studies Support
Multiple Means of Representation
Multiple Means of Expression
Multiple Means of Engagement
Professional Resources on Written Expression and Spelling
Writing Disabilities: An Overview
Helping Students Who Struggle to Write: Classroom Compensations
By: Regina G. Richards (2008)
LD Online Writing & Spelling Resources
What is Dysgraphia?
Characteristics and strategies to support students struggling with writing.
Technology and Writing
More and more technology tools, beyond word processing, are becoming available and commonplace in classrooms to help students with key aspects of the writing process. For example, students use graphic organizers to brainstorm ideas.
Technology Tools to Support Writing
- Download free on-screen keyboard (PC only) with accompanying word prediction to save keystrokes and support spelling.
- 50+ web tools you can use to create your own web-based story.
- A user friendly, intuitive data gathering and retrieval tool. i-Lighter is the yellow highlighter for the web. Free download for PC.
- Download a collection of open source and freeware applications to support learners with literacy difficulties. PC only.
Online Resources to Support Writing
Grammar support video tutorials
- Grammar Handbook
Great Source iwrite
Find ideas for writing, practice the writing process, and learn the grammar tips and tricks. Grammar Handbook provides animated tutorials.
- Make a timeline about anything, collaborate with others. Capture your stories, save them permanently. Use for personal stories or as a study tool for literature, history. Requires account (free), can be marked private.
Free online proofreading. No download necessary.
ReadWriteThink Printing Press
- Create your own brochure, newspaper, booklet, or flyer using these online templates.
- An online spelling program that makes practicing spelling fun. Over 37,000 spelling words and eight spelling games! A REAL person who says each word and sentence. Thousands of free spelling lists. Or save your own!
- fully automatic bibliography maker that auto-fills. It's the easiest way to build a works cited page. Free online resource.
- Citation Machine is an interactive web tool designed to assist researchers in their effort to respect other people's intellectual properties.
KnightCite Citation Service
- free online bibliography maker, includes digital resources.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"